Tuesday, February 3, 2009

God Bless Our Mothers

We are blessed with our two precious mothers who love our kiddos almost as much as we do! We were able to have two fun dates within 4 days of each other. What a treat!  Matthew's mom had all 6 of her grandkids last Thursday night, and they had a blast! They played games, watched a movie, and ate popcorn and cupcakes. I then met them at Journey Church on Friday around noon. Journey church is in Norman and has an awesome indoor playground that is bigger and cleaner than one at McDonald's, so we go there quite often. Matthew and I were able to go to a late movie Thursday night and sleep in on Friday. Thank you Mom H.!

On Sunday I went and cleaned my bro-in-law's dental office and my parents and brother kept the kids on Sunday night. Matthew and I went home and watched the Super Bowl and The Office in a quiet home. It was very nice to be able to hear the TV!

Monday we were able to sleep in a little bit and then we went and walked/jogged at the Oklahoma River trails. We are both participating in the OKC Memorial Marathon in April, so we are trying to get ready for that. We had a quick lunch date, and then I went grocery shopping before I met my parents to pick up the kids. They had (and always do have) a great time with Grandpa, Grandma, and Uncle. The Zoo was free that day, so that is where my family took the kids. It was Sophie's first time to really notice the animals, so she was excited. Thank you, Mom, Dad, and John, for always being willing to watch the kids. 

I started Beth Moore's Esther Bible Study this morning, and I am very excited about taking it! I have been looking forward to this study since I heard about her writing it. I almost cried while reading the dedication, so I think I am in trouble! Can't wait to dive in! Esther has been one of my favorite characters in the Bible since I was a little girl. We had a cassette tape of the story and would always listen to that in the car.

After Bible Study I took the boys to get there hair cut. Talk about some long, disheveled hair! They were long overdue.

Signing off for now,

Elizabeth

1 comment:

  1. Hey Elizabeth!! Your blog is so cute! I love it! My mom told me you have one, and Matt gave me the link! I hope you don't mind if I add you as a blog I follow on my blog list?

    ReplyDelete