Monday, March 16, 2009

Our Daughter is TWO!

Our baby turned two on March 7th, and boy is she ever two! She is very independent and thinks she can do ANYTHING her brothers do (even standing up to go potty! :-) ) As soon as she turned 2 her language exploded. She started saying 3-4 word sentences this week. The first one she said by herself she held up her cup and said "More water in it" out of the clear blue. She hasn't stopped talking since.

What a joy these last two years have been having a daughter. God has blessed our family with three precious, healthy children. Sophie Lynn has been such a fun addition to our home. She keeps us smiling, laughing, and moving! I love having a girl. When I first had Owen I questioned whether or not I even wanted a girl or just a houseful of boys. I wouldn't trade my girly girl for the world. I love that she loves chapstick and purses, strollers and babies, bows and necklaces. I can't wait to have tea parties with her, I love to paint our toenails together, and I love that she loves to look pretty. Thank you, God, for my little girl.

Sophie had a fun birthday party at our house on Sunday, the 8th, after church. She had a "ladygub" birthday. Sophie says bug backwards "gub", and we call her our little ladygub. So we got on the internet and she picked out the kind of ladygub cake she wanted.


Here is Sophie with the Elmo that Daddy and Mommy gave her. She loves it.


Our birthday girl with her birthday hat that Grandma and Aunt Gail made her last year.


Sophie with her ladygub cake






Daddy's little princess


Happy Birthday, Sophie!


We were so excited that Sophie's little friend Layla came to her party.





Elizabeth

1 comment:

  1. Precious, sweet Sophie! I can't believe she's 2. Her cake was amazing, too! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete